Started in 1988, Broome Leadership Institute is a GBEOP sponsored program that draws prospective leaders from a cross section of the community. Its purpose is to stimulate these promising individuals to work more effectively within their own spheres of interest and influence and to expand their civic and community activity. It seeks to foster a network of leaders who are committed to understanding and improving the quality of living in our region.
The BLI Alumni Association acts as a non-partisan forum to further the ideals and goals of the Broome Leadership Institute by engaging its graduates in community leadership education, communication, and opportunities for involvement.
The BLI Alumni Association
works together to:
- Provide education and networking opportunities for its members
- Support the Broome Leadership Institute Program
- Act as a conduit to community organizations seeking our alumni members for leadership and volunteer opportunities
- Annually recognize a BLI Alumni with the “Alumni of Distinction Award”
With over 600 graduates,
BLI gives back by:
- Offering the BLI Scholarship Fund, in memory of Michelle Curtin.
- Hosting annual community services fairs and providing half day training programs for local non-profits.
- Organizing regular alumni events to highlight our community.
- Providing a pool of qualified board members and volunteers for local non-profits.
- Meeting our community’s needs through group community service projects.
2019-2020 BLI Alumni Association Board
Theresa Bailey – Class of 2013
Chris Waters – Class of 2018
Donna Hill – Class of 2001
Kyle Nedlik – Class of 2016
Danielle Britton, ’14
Steve Campbell, ’15
Maria Cataldo, ’18
Paul Deamer, ’18
Stephen Dell’Aversano, ’17
Jamie Jacobs, ’13
Susan Kuhn, ’17
Katrina McMyne, ’19
Kate Stewart, ’14
Mary Sze-Tu, ’16
Mary Clare Truman, ’19
Nathan VanWhy, ’19
Bob Watts, ’92
Benefits of Membership
- A network of community contacts with Leadership Event fees waived for you and a guest
- Attend social networking events at no cost (including Annual Alumni Mixer)
- Opportunity to attend Board meetings and current class sessions as a guest (no cost)
- Complimentary inclusion in the 2019 BLI Alumni Association Directory
- Ability to join BLI Alumni Association Board Committees
- New friendships and working relationships
- Receive advance notification community involvement opportunities
Membership Dues for the BLI Alumni Association are just $35 annually.
Your support as a member allows the values of the BLI program to continue in the years beyond graduation. Your BLI Alumni Association membership provides you with a tremendous opportunity to stay committed and connected to community involvement and provides access to our network of engaged business professionals.
- Your dues support the annual workshop for area non-profits attended by over 50 people.
- Provides support for the annual community service networking event helping non-profits connect to volunteers and board members.
- Enables support of community projects such as Canstruction of the Southern Tier: Broome County, which has raised over $30,000 and more than 43, 954 pounds of food (equivalent to 36,628 meals) for community organizations like CHOW.
Membership dues also support the BLI Scholarship Fund, in memory of Michelle Curtain from the Class of 2008.
The scholarship provides BLI applicants from non-profits and small businesses financial assistance for the program. Additional contributions can be made to the scholarship fund, separate from your Membership Dues.
DON’T DELAY & JOIN TODAY!!
Questions? Contact Danielle Britton at (607) 296-2112 or email.
Congratulations BLI Class of 2019!
BLI Alumni Board Meeting
August 29, 2019 @ 8:00am
5 South College Dr
BLI hosts Canstruction of the Southern Tier
2020 CANSTRUCTION DATES – To Be Determined!
Stand by for exciting updates to Canstruction!
2019 Canstruction was held March 17 – March 24, 2019 at the Oakdale Mall in Johnson City.
We had a wonderful event that raised over $15,000 and over 31,000 pounds of food that was donated directly to CHOW.
Thank you to all of our teams, participants, judges & volunteers for another successful year of Canstruction!
See you in 2020!
We want to know how you have been!
New job? Promotion? Wedding, or celebrating a new baby?
New board opportunities? Share with us!
Keep the BLI Alumni Association in the loop with any changes to your personal or professional life. To share some good news with us, please fill out the form below.